NC Specialty Hospital: Careers
Here at NSCH we believe in providing high quality medical treatment to our patients. Providing the superlative healthcare is a difficult accomplishment, which takes commitment from a collaboration of talented individuals. NCSH plans to provide employees the encouraging work environment that is constantly looking to accentuate innovative healthcare. We welcome you to come be apart of our team.
APPLICATIONS accepted only for open positions posted here
Current Available Positions
PRN Dietary Cook
Schedule will vary but most often includes Friday, Saturday and Sunday shifts. Some during the week hours may also be included. Duties include hot/cold food preparation for patients, staff and visitors; salad bar prep, dishmachine operation, some cashiering, etc. Prior experience with food prep in a health care setting desirable. Food service experience, reliability and punctuality are critical for this job!
Surgery Scheduler needed for FT position 4 days/week. Will be responsible for scheduling procedures for a busy surgical unit in addition to other hospital services. Potential candidates should possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Prior scheduling or OR experience is preferred. Must possess general computer knowledge including spreadsheet and word processing applications. Prior Meditech experience is a plus.
RN Case Manager
Professional individual needed to fill a full-time RN Case Manager position at NCSH.
The RN Case manager will utilize the nursing process to provide optimal quality and continuity of nursing care from the pre-operative setting through a 30 day episode of care. The case manager will work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient and family education telephonically, communicate with health care providers, and coordinate/facilitate services for patients within the episode of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- responsible for managing the inpatient population throughout a 30 day episode of care
- gather clinical information from the EMR and perform telephonic health assessments to determine risk of readmission or the requirement of additional medical services on an outpatient basis
- collaboration for care plan/clinical pathway development
- conduct post-operative phone calls and assessments at pre-determined intervals to all inpatients discharged from facility for 30 days after discharge
- knowledgeable of CMS guidelines and regulatory bodies regarding admission criteria
- monitor admission status of all patient populations
- communication with insurance carriers and providing clinical reviews and documentation as requested
- primary liaison for utilization review committee and ensure the facility's Utilization Review Plan is carried out
Experience and Education Requirements:
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years nursing experience in a hospital setting or telephonic case management experience required
- Bachelor of Science in nursing and unrestricted RN license in state of residence
*Also, must be competent with Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the Internet.
Operating Room RN:
Previous experience preferred circulating, able to scrub is a plus. Ortho, general, ophthalmology is also a plus. 10 hour or 12 hour day shift is available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
ONLY APPLICATIONS &/OR RESUMES FOR POSTED POSITIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
NCSH Application for Employment (.pdf)
Print, complete, and fax application to (919) 956-9348 You may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
The North Carolina Specialty Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, parental status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.